Friday, August 1, 2008

Martha moment #01: a place for placemats

While eating has been more enjoyable during my second trimester, I've also developed a new pet peeve: placemats that smell bad. It just ruins the whole experience. It's a good thing the ones we have are the washable soft/rubbery plastic ones so we can easily clean them along with the dishes after a meal. However, when piled together, they tend to stick and develop a certain smell even if they've been washed and dried.

This came to me after our first morning in the new Catilo house:


Yep, I rolled them into cones and stuck them to one of those steel thingies I found on the kitchen counter. Placed in a tall drinking glass, they even look like plastic calla lilies heehee. Now they don't smell and stick together anymore, and they look so much prettier! :P

3 comments:

Lin said...

I so love what you did with the placemats!!!

littlemisis said...

hahaha :D thanks lin!

Anonymous said...

grabe domesticated ka na talaga. You make family life so exciting. hehe. :)